Chakayla's Veggie & Rice Soup
If you are on the search for a quick and easy dish you will love, then this will be your new go-to recipe!
1 medium Onion
2 Celery stalks
½ Green bell pepper
2 large carrots
1 yellow squash
1 green zucchini
1 ½ cups of frozen corn kernels
1 ½ cups of frozen green beans
½ of warm water
½ cup of brown rice
1-2 teaspoons of Aquarius Spyce
1/2 tablespoon Garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon Parsley
1/2 tablespoon Italian blend seasoning
Sea salt (to taste)
Black pepper (to taste)
- First things first, wash and chop your veggies into medium bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- In a soup pot, drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and allow the oil to heat through on medium heat. Once oil is hot, saute onion, celery, bell pepper, carrots and frozen corn and green beans.
- Allow your veggies to cook until tender and fragrant. From there, add in squash and zucchini. Immediately add your veggie stock and your ½ cup of warm water. Add in all of your suggested seasonings, adjust seasonings according to your taste buds.
- Let your soup cook through for 15-20 minutes, or until your carrots are tender, and then add in your 1 cup of rice to your soup.
- Continue to cook soup on medium heat until your brown rice is tender. Once rice is cooked to your preference, the soup is ready to enjoy.
- Grab a large bowl, ladle in some soup and enjoy!