Chakayla's Roasted Chicken
Chakayla's Spyce Collection was born during the creation of this recipe! After scouring internet and family recipes, she finally created a delectable roasted chicken that highlights the delicious flavor profile of Gemini Spyce, the perfect multipurpose spice for meats and veggies.
whole chicken (properly cleaned)
3 tablespoons of softened butter (softened at room temperature)
1 medium onion (chopped)
1 bag of baby carrots (washed & drained)
2 tablespoons Gemini Spyce
1. Clean your chicken, thoroughly. Please make sure to check inside the chicken for any bagged items such as giblets, chicken necks and any other foreign parts that may be stuffed inside. Also, use this time to use a bit of apple cider vinegar to clean your chicken, as well as check for any stray feathers, pieces of hair and black heads (left over pieces of feathers, that must be squeezed out of the skin.) Yes, cleaning your chicken will be the most essential and time consuming aspect of this process.
2. Once chicken has been cleaned, pat your bird dry. Do not skip this step. Drying the skin will allow for a nice, even brown roast.
3. Now that your bird is nice and dry, rub every piece of your bird with softened butter.
4. Once rubbed with butter, season your chicken LIBERALLY with Gemini Spyce and sea salt. Once you have a seasoned chicken, it is the time to cut up your root veggies. I love using onion and carrots. Place some of your veggies on the inside of your bird and around the roasting pan.
5. Bake your chicken on 375 for 45 minutes-1 hour and 30 minutes (all dependent upon the size of your chicken). Bast chicken every 20-35 minutes, to ensure you get a juicy, golden brown chicken.
6. Once chicken is done, let it rest in the oven for 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes are up, serve your chicken immediately.