Easy Crockpot Jerk Chicken
If you are looking for an easy, crowd-pleasing entree, then our crockpot jerk chicken will hit the spot. It's best if you purchase a small or medium-sized chicken if you have a large crockpot. Your chicken should fit snugly, but it should not touch the lid of the crockpot.
1 whole chicken (properly cleaned)
2 large tabs of butter
1 chopped onion
1 red bell pepper (sliced)
1 green bell pepper (sliced)
2 tablespoons Jerk Spyce
1. Properly clean your chicken. (*Click here to learn how*)
2. Once chicken has been properly cleaned and skin has been patted dry, season chicken liberally with sea salt and our Jerk Spyce spice mix.
3. Place onions and peppers on the bottom of the pot, followed by your chicken. After chicken has been placed snugly inside, add both tabs of butter on to the chicken. Place lid on the crockpot and set temperature on LOW. *Please do not add any additional liquid to the pot, chicken will create it's own juice.
4. Allow chicken to cook for 8 hours. Once 8 hours are up, you will have a delicious, tender, fall-off-the bone chicken!
5. Enjoy, immediately with your favorite sides.